Friday, May 21, 2010

And so it begins

My current view sitting at the desk...



Last week I was placed on bed rest, and taken off work.  Today the children (thing 1 and thing 2) had their last day of school.

I'm glad they're home, but my lack of energy and limted mobility is going to make for a boring couple months. I have a feeling we will be spending plenty of time at the neighborhood pool, which luckily is RIGHT across the street from the house!

I am seeing the doctor twice a week these days, sometimes more when an issue arrises. I get at least one ultrasound a week and sometimes two. So Logan is a well photographed little guy.

My doctor also refuses to schedule an ultrasound for me because she feels that I just won't make it there and she is sure we won't get to the point she wants me to be at. Logan is head down, feet well up an into my ribs. Logan loves to stretch out as much as he can which is fairly uncomfortable for me. His head is also WAY down and walking has become rather painful, but despite all this, I'm happy he is healthy, I'm happy he is doing well. No more than 4 more weeks and he will be here for sure, and thats the furthest I will have to go. Thats not a long time, not seeing as I've already been through 35 weeks of this. I'm almost ready for Logan, I washed most of his clothes (with the exception of the super cute outfits daddy picked up for him the other day)

Brad is getting excited about Logan's arrival, we both are, time is just creeping by it seems though. Brad also starts his new job June 21st, so lets hope little man makes his grand appearance before that time.

We've had 3 wonderful baby showers for our little guy, and I am still in the process of filling out thank you notes, I'm hoping to get those all out early next week.

As far as the pregnancy and how it is going, I'll be honest... I'm not enjoying this stage at all. I am very large, between my massive stomach (yes to all who ask, there is only one in there, I promise), and my extremely swollen feet and hands... It's not easy.

I don't get much sleep as I get up 3 to 4 times a night to use the restroom... I also can't get comfortable in bed. Logan's position is putting lots of pressure on a nerve thats causing me a lot of pain and limiting my sleep positions at night. I started some medicine for acid reflux since my insides are all smooshed up... luckily the medicine is helping.. so that's gotten better.  My energy level is a joke though. I am so hungry and I want to eat all the time, but I use most of my energy walking up and down the stairs to the kitchen. Sad huh?

My house is in desperate need of being cleaned... I do what I can, and pick up here and there, but it's the weekly stuff that really needs attention. Dusting, cleaning the bathrooms, washing sheets... I have managed to keep on top of the dishes for the most part, and even have most of the laundry washed (putting it away is another story).

Oh well we are almost there... almost.

1 comment:

  1. You're almost there! I'm so proud of you! I'm sure Logan will be as amazingly healthy & beautiful & smart as your other two little miracles. You make pretty babies! ;)I'm so happy for you & Brad. Good luck to Brad in his new job too.

    ReplyDelete