Yesterdays appointment was very interesting to say the least. I arrived at my appointment for my usual twice weekly biophysical profile (ultrasound to check on baby). The ultrasound tech announced as usual that Logan passed with flying colors! (He was practicing his breathing, moving, and looked all over healthy).
I then head over to get my blood pressure checked by my doctors nurse, blood pressure was 153/86. Not good but not horrible. I jumped on the scale and I am up 8lbs in 4 days! EEK! I head back to the room, to wait to see my doctor... in she comes. Giving me the usual once over to check on my swelling and immediatly is just "WOW!" I show her how the swelling has now crept up INTO my stomach. She examined the areas on my ankles where my skin is breaking apart from the swelling (eww). She looks over my lab work from the week before, everything looked wonderful, she looked at my weight gain and gasped and said "don't worry hun, it's all fluid, it will go away after he's born" (not right away but will soon).
She said she wanted to check my blood pressure again, to see where I'm at. SO we go back out to the BP station (as I refer to it as) and she checks it for me... 156/90. She then decided to admit me to the hospital and told me that she was going to have labs drawn and have them watch my blood pressure. If everything was okay, she would let me go home but to have my bags packed and with me when I return on Thursday that she is very close to throwing in the towel and saying my body is done... she actually apologized and said she feels like she is tourchering me by keeping me pregnant.
The nurse grabs a wheel chair and off to L&D I go. They get me in a room, tell me I can't have anything to eat or drink and hook me up. Logan is moving and grooving as usual on the monitors. My blood pressures immediatly started to go down once I was laying down... 138/86 and around there. They drew some labs, and sent them off stat. With in an hour my doctor came into the room and said that she was going to let me go! That all my labs came back great, and my BP was going down. I of course was to continue the bed rest and that she would see me in 2 days at her office, unless something changed and we would just play it by ear... I was glad to go home, I was NOT prepared to be having my little man that day, I want him in there just for a couple more days at least... need him as ready as possible to come out.
My appointment for tomorrow is at 3:15... We will see what she has to say. Part of me wonders if she is going to schedule me for a c-sect next week. I am going to be a good girl and get my bag packed today. However that requires a trip to the store that I'm not sure I have the energy to make.
Last night I did not get much sleep at all, I was tossing and turning a lot. I hopefully will have everything ready though, at least for the hospital... I know I can't get my house ready, not with me being on bed rest and so much around here needing to be done... I know it will come together eventually.
Side note: To all my friends and family that I haven't been calling much, I'm sorry... please understand I love you all, part of me is pretty miserable and trying to get lots of rest, it's often I don't answer my phone, I also struggle with trying to update everyone on everything... it's very difficult having to explain the same thing 25 times when really it was a small visit to the hospital, I promise that if anything monumental happens (for example Logan coming) you will know about it... No one will be left in the dark. I love you all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment